[openbox] Openbox 3 beta3 and GNOME 2.4.0

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Tue Sep 16 22:56:47 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 05:45:19PM -0500, Robert Upshall wrote:
> Hmm, this was working fine before I upgraded to 2.4.  I don't want to
> have the bloat of a complete GNOME session running, all want from gnome
> is the panel.  :(

As David already stated, running a session manager is generally a good idea.
And since you can control what exactly is in the session there is no need to
worry about "a complete GNOME session" if you dont want it. You can simply
remove the stuff you don't want. For a while i was usnig gnome-session and
running nothing but openbox with it.

Ben