[openbox] Openbox 3 beta3 and GNOME 2.4.0

David Barr dpb at clara.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 20:08:23 EDT 2003

i think this all started in 2.3 so maybe if you upgraded from 2.2 that
would be why. i am not very wise in these matters but i think it is
something to do with libwnck? so maybe running the gnome-settings-daemon
in .xinitrc might work after all, i dunno? of course i could tell you
good reasons to run a session manager....
Anyway if you are running the panel anyway, it's going to call gconf,
bonobo + a bajillion gnome libraries, so where's the harm in running the
session? you might like it.

David