[physfs] Adding Support for Custom Archives

Oli Wilkinson oli at evolutional.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 03:09:40 EDT 2010

It does sound as if you're wanting some functionality that PhysFs doesn't
offer, and didn't offer when you came across the library - namely pluggable
archivers and a C++ interface. Did you look around for any other solutions
that would fit your needs better?

And if you do make your changes, what would you do with them? Would you
release your /own/ branch of Phys? I agree that these changes would be nice,
but it sounds like you'd be better off rolling out a quick library of your
own that contains the functionality that you need rather than retro fit them
into a library that wasn't designed to support them.

Cheers

Oli