[bf1942] BF2 Event Logging

Forrest Thiessen thiessen at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 16 16:51:01 EDT 2005

I do a lot with Plone (based on Zope), so I can say from experience that
yes, you're right--Zope could do it just fine. In this case, however,
the "Python" we're talking about is a Python interpreter that's embedded
in BF2 (a wonderfuly brilliant design decision by DICE--we'll be able to
do a lot with it!), so the coding has to be for that embedded
interpreter.  Zope might have a place on the side as a place to develop
an engine for displaying statistics, but if we had BF2-Python code that
stored the stats data into a MySQL database, then displaying data from
the database would be a pretty simple task that you wouldn't really need
the power of Zope for.

--Forrest