[bf1942] High CPU load in BF:V linux server

Andrei Rjeousski andrv at myrealbox.com
Tue Mar 16 16:22:22 EST 2004

Yes, there is only one instance of BF:V running on the machine and no, it
isnt coop. Since my server is on the fast line it got busy pretty fast with
the release of the game.

The server util % i am talking about is from within the status monitor. It
seems that server can do 24 people without any problems it just sometimes
jumps to 130% or so.. but as soon as i increase it to 26 it becomes totally
unplayable.

I've also noticed that it only happens on some maps, but didnt have a chance
to observe it much. Right now i have 24 people on the server on the HUE map,
and it just jumped to 170%.

If you need some more information, please let me know.

Andrei

  _____