[quake2] Installers

zakk zakk at timedoctor.org
Mon Jul 7 03:22:13 EDT 2003

Wow!
You actually have _legit_ copies of VMWare!

loki_setup is vaguely easy once you have something to start from (you
do).

it uses XML files for configuration, etc.

At the moment it should be a simple matter of creating a different
default config file and somehow making quake2 use it in place of the
actual default. Or recompiling without Q2Max Support/Making Q2Max
optional, etc.

The easiest thing to do is assume hardware rendering support with the
first option of a default config file.

The best thing to do is making q2max optional with the on option having
a different config file.

That is assuming I'm right about the problem, of course.

You can test it yourself by using any of the .run's and not having a
preexesting ~/.quake2/ or whatever path it is...

You can get the sourceish to the installer by running any of them with
--keep and exploring.
--
-zakk
DUDE TH%T MADE ME LA{UGH SO HARD I SPL:ORTED
zakk at timedoctor.org