[quake2] Quake 2 segfault

imr free.imr at free.fr
Tue Jul 1 08:38:02 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 12:33, Pedro Almeida wrote:
well, here on one of my machines it's the opposite, quake2 with or without max
segfault, sdlquake2 works. I tried with the binaries and with cvs.
i hadent send a mail yet, because i wanted to check a few things before, but
since it's the hot topic of the day.
and i can play all 3D games on that machine.
machine with the segfault:
PIII600 256 megs geforceIImx200 sblive with alsa

here is how the segfault happen:
if i play regular quake2 no problem
as soon as i type game whatever (even baseq2) the mod loads nicely but
segfault as soon as i hit a key. Did i mention that i use a foreign keyboard?
The funny part is that it doesnt happen on this machine:
PII400 256 megs tnt2 via integrated 82c soundboard with alsa ... also with
foreign keyboard.
so i have to play mods with sdlquake2