[quake2] Re: quake2-r0.15 - local client gets "Connection refused." error

tk Voice tkVoice at netscape.net
Wed Dec 10 13:25:29 EST 2003

I couldn't connect even when I was running Slackware 8.0 or 8.1 with
many different kernels between 2.2.x all the way up to 2.4.22. So it has
nothing to do with what version of Slackware or what version of Kernel
you are using.

I know it has something to do with using "quake2-r0.15" as a client.

I just got motivated enough to finally write the list.

Usually this "connection refused" message is seen when there is a
password set on the server and the client doesn't have the correct
password set. But my server doesn't have a password set.

Perhaps the server you are connecting to has a password set now?