[openbox] Update openbox wiki

D.T. ohnonot-github at posteo.de
Sun Aug 9 09:40:12 EDT 2020

On Sun, 2020-08-09 at 08:02 +0000, Brian Peregrine wrote:
> The openbox wiki needs a significant update: it looks outdated, even
> to the point that it conveys the feeling that openbox is no longer
> being used in new distros.
>
> For example:
> http://openbox.org/wiki/Openbox:News
> Latest entry is from 2010 !
>
> http://openbox.org/wiki/Openbox:Screenshots
> A lot of distro's mentioned there are quite outdated. I even see
> debian7 in there.
>
> Also, there is no page on the wiki which mentions new distro's that
> use openbox standardly.
> That's quite important I think. If such a page is made, you can add
> in
> TAZ there, see https://github.com/Sharrisii/TAZ/releases
>
> I would be honored if Dana (which I admire greatly after seeing her
> coding work several years back) could take a look at it btw, since we
> put in some novel things (like multiple boot setups to speed up the
> system and keep overhead to a minimum).

Hello,
thank you for looking at this.
I'm sure there's a process for joining the Wiki team and proposing the
changes you have in mind.
I don't think simply wishing that the lead developer will take care of
it is the correct way. I'm not sure Dana's even involved with the wiki
at all.

That said, the Help:Configuration page was last edited in 2018 and
represents the current status afaics.

And some rant: yes, more and more people do this now with more and more
software: "it hasn't received an updated in a year, it must be bad!"
Or worse: "Openbox never had a security audit! It is insecure!" (LOL)
Those that think that software is only good when its maintainers use
the newest Web 2.0 platforms to advertise itself and constantly
generate "updates" - probably shouldn't be using openbox anyhow.