[openbox] Update openbox wiki

Michael Siegel msi at malbolge.net
Sun Aug 9 11:50:05 EDT 2020

Am 09.08.20 um 15:40 schrieb D.T.:
> And some rant: yes, more and more people do this now with more and more
> software: "it hasn't received an updated in a year, it must be bad!"
> Or worse: "Openbox never had a security audit! It is insecure!" (LOL)
> Those that think that software is only good when its maintainers use
> the newest Web 2.0 platforms to advertise itself and constantly
> generate "updates" - probably shouldn't be using openbox anyhow.

Unfortunately, this (more or less) also goes for people who believe that
a software actually being maintained would mean integrating new
translations that people provide for it on occasion, instead of having
them rot away on the bug tracker. Especially, where the project's wiki
asks people to contribute such translations ("Please help translate
Openbox!"[1]) and tells them they would be "greatly appreciated."[2]
Well, to be fair, it actually says "greatly appreciated by your fellow
users". So, this might not apply to the developers.

That said, I don't think that anyone is entitled to having Openbox (or
its wiki) maintained for them by the original developers or later
maintainers. But what people are, IMO, entitled to is that a project
makes its current state (i.e., stable as in rigor mortis, as it seems)
clear to anyone who might want to use or improve it. This way, people
can make informed decisions and avoid wasting time and effort.

[1] http://openbox.org/wiki/Main_Page
[2] http://openbox.org/wiki/Openbox:Contribute