[openbox] Dialog buttons

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Mon Jul 15 03:30:47 EDT 2019

Historically I have used a Gnome (currently: Mate) based desktop environment
in which I run OpenBox instead of the default window manager.

Recently I decided to drop the legacy and design a clean start. So I now
use openbox-session directly from the login screen (lightdm). After a fair
amount of config and trial and error everything now runs fine. And the
setup is much simpler now.

Except for one detail... Some applications have their dialog buttons
reordered. For example, a simple dialog would have [Cancel] [OK], and now
it has [OK] [Cancel]. Since the applications are the same it must be some
logic in some library that decides the order of the buttons...

Another user that logs in using Mate session has the buttons in the right
order, so apparently I did miss something in my OpenBox startup. But what?

Any ideas?

-- Johan