[openbox] "suspending" openbox session

Ɓukasz Grabowski graboluk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 07:37:24 EDT 2019

Hello,

I use openbox in a standalone configuration (i.e. without gnome, kde,
etc.). Currently I use lightdm on most of my machines, but I'm happy
to change to another dm if it helps with my query.

Is there a way to achieve the following: I'd like to "supsend" my
openbox session, i.e. log out of my openbox session so that somebody
else can log in (perhaps to a gnome session), and after they log out,
I'd like to restore my openbox session (i.e. upon logging in I'd like
to see the desktop just as I left it when I logged out).

Best,
Lukasz