[openbox] confusing focus

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 08:13:01 EDT 2018

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 4:38 AM, Jim Rees <jim at rees.org> wrote:
> I've been using xterm for decades, and openbox for years, and have never
> seen this. I suspect it's some sort of interaction between xterm and
> openbox. Xterm has no mailing list or bug tracking system. Your options are
> to debug it yourself or email the xterm author.

Or try another terminal emulator to see whether the problem persists,
or try fvwm. None is very appealing...

> I would start by turning on xterm tracing for X events. See the code in
> misc.c, particularly around do_xevents(). If the problem is not reliably
> reproducible this could be tedious.

I'm afraid this kind of stuff is way beyond my amateur skills.

> Also go through the xterm change log. There have been a few cursor and focus
> related changes recently. Do you use reverse video? If so there was a cursor
> visibility bug in xterm 330. What version of xterm are you on?

Just did it. Nothing seems relevant. My problem is not new, it's been
bugging me for some time. I have xterm-327 (the latest version
considered stable by Gentoo). I use reverse video sometimes (rarely),
but not recently.

It's puzzling that I'm the only one with this problem. Must be doing
something wrong, somewhere...

Thanks