[openbox] confusing focus

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 04:29:06 EDT 2018

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 12:55 AM,  <ohnonot-github at posteo.de> wrote:
> to clarify, op is talking about the terminal cursor (filled block on focused
> window, outlined/empty on unfocused), not the mouse cursor.

Right.

> this could have many reasons, and i don't think it's openbox. op said that
> they can still see which window is focused by openbox decorations.
>
> and I have NEVER seen openbox focus two windows at the same time.

The focusing is working as expected, whether focus is changed via
mouse ("click-to-focus" mode) or via keyboard. Only the appearance
(the filled block, as you say) is wrong sometimes.

> what programs are running in the terminals? just the shell? which shell? sth
> else? how does the terminal determine if it's focused or not?

No particular program, in general. Just bash.

I want to add that dbus is innocent, contrary to my initial suspections.

Jorge Almeida