[openbox] Does Or Can Openbox Affect The Output of -- echo -e "a\nb\nc\nA\nB\nC" | sort

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Mon Jun 17 17:00:59 EDT 2013

Das wrote:

  Seems odd someone would need to set this, I'm assuming this is already set
  automatically on most distros durining the installation?

  I'm running Slack and it uses; /etc/profile.d/lang.sh as far as I can tell
  it's already set properly...

  #!/bin/sh
  # Set the system locale.  (no, we don't have a menu for this ;-)
  # For a list of locales which are supported by this machine, type:
  #   locale -a

  # en_US is the Slackware default locale:
  export LANG=en_US

  # 'C' is the old Slackware (and UNIX) default, which is 127-bit
  # ASCII with a charmap setting of ANSI_X3.4-1968.  These days,

127 bit ascii? What's that? And I thought 32 bit unicode was overkill!

  # starting them.  Still, I'd avoid UTF unless you actually need it.

When was this written, 1992?