[openbox] Losing focus

Brian Mattern rephorm at rephorm.com
Mon Nov 19 14:50:18 EST 2012

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012, Jim Rees wrote:

> Johan Vromans wrote:
>
>   Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> writes:
>
>   > The window cycle patch is "Allow non-interactive focus cycling" by
>   > Dana Jansens 1 Oct 2012.
>
>   I see several recent patches concerning focus management, so I updated
>   openbox to current git (782b2864, Refactor the per-app parsing code into
>   a helper function and reduce nesting by 2 levels).
>
>   Unfortunately, it doesn't make a difference.
>
> Interesting. I wonder if this is a recently introduced bug. My Openbox is a
> year old. I can't think of any reason it should work for me and not for you.

I am unable to reproduce this issue using the same git commit (with a
single additional patch unrelated to focus management). I'm on arch
linux and don't use the gnome session.

Brian

P.S. My focus-stealing patch is somewhat obsolete. Dana commited a fix
(git:af01da3) that solves the issue in a cleaner fashion.