[openbox] Losing focus

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Mon Nov 19 11:40:53 EST 2012

Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> writes:

> The window cycle patch is "Allow non-interactive focus cycling" by
> Dana Jansens 1 Oct 2012.

I see several recent patches concerning focus management, so I updated
openbox to current git (782b2864, Refactor the per-app parsing code into
a helper function and reduce nesting by 2 levels).

Unfortunately, it doesn't make a difference.

> I'm running an a laptop with a small screen. Does your save dialog pop
> up on top of the main screen, or off to the side?

The Save dialog pops up centered over the firefox main window.
Even when the cursor is not over the dialog, it has focus as long as the
cursor is within the main window area.

-- Johan