[openbox] Re: Closing decoration windows

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 09:09:01 EDT 2009

--- On Wed, 3/11/09, Delcides F. Sousa Jr <delcides at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Delcides F. Sousa Jr <delcides at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [openbox] Re: Closing decoration windows
> To: openbox at icculus.org
> Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 1:27 AM
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Knute
> <knuteh at yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > Here's an excerpt from my rc.xml:
> >
> >  <application class="tvtime">
> >      <position>
> >        <x>-0</x>
> >        <y>-0</y>
> >      </position>
> >      <decor>
> >        <titlebar>no</titlebar>
> >        <borders>yes</borders>
> >      </decor>
> >    </application>

<snip>

>   Well, it doesn't work here.  I checked the
> "border retention" option
> on obconf and tried to customize xterm, using:
>
> <application class="XTerm">
>       <decor>
>         <titlebar>no</titlebar>
>         <borders>no</borders>
>       </decor>
> </application>
>
>  It didn't work and according to Openbox docs, it
> wasn't supposed to. :-)

Basically, what you have there is <decor>no</decor>

If that you meant by it doesn't work is that there was no titlebar and no borders, then it did work like you told it to.

>  So, would you mind telling what's your version and
> patch ?

I run gentoo, so I'll cut and paste the paludis output for it.

******* Begin copy and paste ******
 8:06AM % qpal openbox                                               ~ (knute)
* x11-wm/openbox
    gentoo:                  3.4.7.2 3.4.8_rc1(~) {:3}
    installed:               3.4.8_rc1* {:3}
    Homepage:                http://icculus.org/openbox/
    License:                 GPL-2
    Installed time:          Sun Feb  1 16:00:31 2009
    Use flags:               (nls) (startup-notification) (xinerama)
    From repositories:       gentoo
    Installed using:         paludis-0.34.1

Key to mask reasons:

* ~: keyword (unstable accepted)

  8:06AM %
  8:08AM % openbox --version                                          ~ (knute)
Openbox 3.4.8-rc1
Copyright (c) 2008        Mikael Magnusson
Copyright (c) 2003-2006   Dana Jansens

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

  8:08AM %                                                            ~ (knute)

******  End copy and paste  *******

Not exactly sure what other info that you are looking for.   Though,  I have been using that combo for quite sometime, so it isn't new.
Actually,  if I remember right, it was before the menu x and y options came out for the menu offsets.

HTH,
Knute