[openbox] wallpaper falls back to debian like one

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:14:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:58 AM, '2+ <electriclightheads at gmail.com> wrote:

> am moving from fluxbox to openbox @ ubuntu8.04.1
> most are going fine but 2 things have to be solved
>
> 1)
> eval `cat $HOME/.fehbg` &
> is in my autostart.sh and my custom wallpaper comes out when launching x
> but after about 30secs
> it automatically fall backs to the one with debian logo on it

Sounds to me like the gnome-settings-daemon is being loaded in the
background. When the wallpaper falls back to the debian logo, are you
able to access the Openbox menus when you click on the desktop? Do any
desktop icons appear?

The only other option I can think of is that some other
wallpaper-managing application is being loaded in your ~/.xinitrc or
autostart.sh files.

> 2)
> want to setup a keybind for putting off the window decoration
> couldn't understand what this in rc.xml mean
> can someone give me an exact example?
> (maybe i can make no-decoration as default? if yes that would be great)

This will do the trick...

    <application class="*">
      <decor>false</decor>
    </application>