[openbox] wallpaper falls back to debian like one

'2+ electriclightheads at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:03:57 EDT 2008

thanx!

yes i can still get to the root menu even after dropping to the debian wallpaper
icon isn't there ... should it be there..by default?

my setup was done with alt-installer so i only installed things
related to dwm and fluxbox
but then i installed gnome-terminal ... so most of the gnome thangs
also might be here ...
my autostart.sh looks like this
i wonder why it has something related to kde...

# This shell script is run before Openbox launches.
# Environment variables set here are passed to the Openbox session.

# Set a background color
BG=""
if which hsetroot >/dev/null; then
    BG=hsetroot
else
    if which esetroot >/dev/null; then
        BG=esetroot
    else
        if which xsetroot >/dev/null; then
            BG=xsetroot
        fi
    fi
fi
test -z $BG || $BG -solid "#303030"

# D-bus
if which dbus-launch >/dev/null && test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"; then
       eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session`
fi

# Make GTK apps look and behave how they were set up in the gnome config tools
if which gnome-settings-daemon >/dev/null; then
  gnome-settings-daemon &
fi

# Preload stuff for KDE apps
if which start_kdeinit >/dev/null; then
  LD_BIND_NOW=true start_kdeinit --new-startup +kcminit_startup &
fi

eval `cat $HOME/.fehbg` &

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:58 AM, '2+ <electriclightheads at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> am moving from fluxbox to openbox @ ubuntu8.04.1
>> most are going fine but 2 things have to be solved
>>
>> 1)
>> eval `cat $HOME/.fehbg` &
>> is in my autostart.sh and my custom wallpaper comes out when launching x
>> but after about 30secs
>> it automatically fall backs to the one with debian logo on it
>
> Sounds to me like the gnome-settings-daemon is being loaded in the
> background. When the wallpaper falls back to the debian logo, are you
> able to access the Openbox menus when you click on the desktop? Do any
> desktop icons appear?
>
> The only other option I can think of is that some other
> wallpaper-managing application is being loaded in your ~/.xinitrc or
> autostart.sh files.
>

>> 2)
>> want to setup a keybind for putting off the window decoration
>> couldn't understand what this in rc.xml mean
>> can someone give me an exact example?
>> (maybe i can make no-decoration as default? if yes that would be great)
>
> This will do the trick...
>
>    <application class="*">
>      <decor>false</decor>
>    </application>