[openbox] programm start

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:23:26 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 10:57 AM, oui oui <oui at gmx.de> wrote:
> I need a clock like o'clock to avoid that I stay all the night in front of my keyboard because I don't see the hour

lal is a simple clock:

http://projects.l3ib.org/lal/

> I need my phone (actually Skype because ekiga don't works) for my friends and
> I need my messenger (instantbird from mozilla)

docker swallows system tray applications, such as IM clients, volume
controllers, etc.:

http://icculus.org/openbox/2/docker/

Both lal and docker are dockapps which means they will work with the
built-in "dock" without the need of a 3rd party panel.  You can see
these both in action in a few of my more recent screenshots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cinderwick/sets/72157604733391643/

> how can I made that above 3 things start together with openbox?

As mentioned, the Openbox autostart.sh is the perfect place for
launching these.  See the Openbox website for full details.  You'll
need to be running openbox-session in order for this to work.  If you
simply run 'openbox' or are using openbox with GNOME/KDE then you'll
need to use the autostart features of those environments.