[openbox] new opaque-nextwindow patch

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Tue Oct 2 04:34:48 EDT 2007

* Tanjeff-Nicolai Moos

> I introduced an <opaque> configuration item for the NextWindow
> action, just as Yanovich did. While cycling, the "current" window is
> raised, and it is put back to its original position after cycling.
> Thus, after cycling all windows are in the same stacking positions as
> they were before cycling (the selected window is not finally raised,
> one may use "Raise" as finalaction for this).

Sounds sweet.  I applied your patch (cleanly) to Ubuntu's 3.4.4-1
version of Openbox, and rebuilt it without problems.  However it doesn't
seem to work for me (it just behaves like before).  I have:

  <keybind key="A-Tab">
    <action name="NextWindow">
      <allDesktops>no</allDesktops>
      <opaque>yes</opaque>
      <dialog>no</dialog>
    </action>
  </keybind>

I know that it is indeed this action that's being used, since if I
change the <dialog> option, the behaviour changes accordingly.  Any
suggestions?

Is there any chance of you adding this functionality to the directional-
focus actions too, by the way?

Regards
--
Tore Anderson