[openbox] new opaque-nextwindow patch

Tanjeff-Nicolai Moos tanjeff at not-another-server.net
Tue Oct 2 09:36:24 EDT 2007

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:34:48 +0200
Tore Anderson <tore at linpro.no> wrote:

> Sounds sweet.  I applied your patch (cleanly) to Ubuntu's 3.4.4-1
> version of Openbox, and rebuilt it without problems.  However it
> doesn't seem to work for me (it just behaves like before).  I have:
>
>   <keybind key="A-Tab">
>     <action name="NextWindow">
>       <allDesktops>no</allDesktops>
>       <opaque>yes</opaque>
>       <dialog>no</dialog>
>     </action>
>   </keybind>
>
> I know that it is indeed this action that's being used, since if I
> change the <dialog> option, the behaviour changes accordingly.  Any
> suggestions?
Well, no :( I don't have ubuntu linux, so maybe they have additional
patches which conflicts somehow? Have anybody else tried the patch? If
you are a developer you may add some printf() to focus_cycle() so you
can see whether the parameter "opaque" is set or not. If I found some
time, I will try to compile it with ubuntu sources.

> Is there any chance of you adding this functionality to the
> directional- focus actions too, by the way?
I have little time, and I developed the patch because I was really
missing that feature ;-) I will surely have a look at the
directional-focus actions next days (maybe the functionality is easy
to adopt), but I don't know weather I will really add the feature there.

Regards, Tanjeff