new opaque-nextwindow patch

Tanjeff-Nicolai Moos tanjeff at not-another-server.net
Mon Oct 1 18:21:05 EDT 2007

The patch from Jared Yanovich which was posted on the list in December
2006 doesn't work any longer. So I tried to re-introduce that feature
again. Here is my patch :)

I introduced an <opaque> configuration item for the NextWindow
action, just as Yanovich did. While cycling, the "current" window is
raised, and it is put back to its original position after cycling.
Thus, after cycling all windows are in the same stacking positions as
they were before cycling (the selected window is not finally raised, one
may use "Raise" as finalaction for this).

Since the new functionality is completely optional for the user (and is
disabled by default), I would really like to see it in one of the next
OB releases (if that matches your policies...).

This is the first time I hacked the openbox code, so it is surely a
good idea to have a look at the code. It is, well, sparsely documented,
so I had to guess some of the functionality ;-) Feedback is also very
welcome. If you don't like such stuff on this list, tell me. Maybe
there is another email address for sending patches?

Greetings from Germany, Tanjeff