[openbox] gnome-config and xft

Miguel Bazdresch ob-01 at thewizardstower.org
Tue Sep 28 14:16:36 EDT 2004

* Mark Gjøl <cyrax at b0rken.dk> [2004-09-28 18:12]:
> When I try to compile openbox it complains that I don't have
> gnome-config. This is entirely true, but is it really true that a window
> manager as small and clean as openbox requires that I install half of
> gnome in order to make it cleanly through the configure script?
>
> sh: gnome-config: not found
> Package xft was not found in the pkg-config search path.

What it isn't finding is xft...

> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xft.pc'

... and it's telling you what to do here.

Personally I have /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig as part of $PKG_CONFIG_PATH and:

$ ls -l /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig/xft*
-r--r--r--  1 root root 468 Sep  9 19:51 /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig/xft.pc

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/