gnome-config and xft

Mark Gjøl cyrax at b0rken.dk
Tue Sep 28 13:49:20 EDT 2004

When I try to compile openbox it complains that I don't have
gnome-config. This is entirely true, but is it really true that a window
manager as small and clean as openbox requires that I install half of
gnome in order to make it cleanly through the configure script?

The last ten (maybe) lines:

checking for pkg-config...
/usr/local/gbar/_/gnome/pkg-config/0.15.0/bin//pkg-config
checking for glib-2.0... yes
checking GLIB_CFLAGS...
-I/usr/local/gbar/_/gnome/glib/2.4.6//include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/gbar/_/gnome/glib/2.4.6//lib/glib-2.0/include
checking GLIB_LIBS... -L/usr/local/gbar/_/gnome/glib/2.4.6//lib -lglib-2.0
checking for xft... sh: gnome-config: not found
sh: gnome-config: not found
Package xft was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xft.pc'
No package 'xft' found

And that leads me to the 2nd question: Where on earth do I download
xft?? I've installed Fontconfig, but that doesn't give me an xft.pc file.

This is on Solaris btw. I love openbox on my PCs!
--
// Mark Gjøl
I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it