[openbox] Multiple menu files

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Wed Jul 7 21:53:24 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 01:11:15AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>>>
>>> Figured I'd first check to see if the feature was even supported.
>>
>> That's funny, it works perfectly fine here... most odd.
>> How does that part of your rc.xml look?
>
> When trying to use it I put the menu file in place as
> ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml
>
> <menu>
>  <!-- You can specify more than one menu file in here and they are all loaded,
>       just don't make menu ids clash or, well, it'll be kind of pointless -->
>
>  <!-- system menu files on Debian systems -->
>  <file>/var/lib/openbox/debian-menu.xml</file>
>
>  <!-- default menu file (or custom one in $HOME/.config/openbox/) -->
>  <file>menu.xml</file>
> </menu>

And you think it's strange that your root menu disappears? You are loading
your personal menu.xml _instead of_ the default one, not in addition to
it. (I assume you don't have a debian-menu.xml) The default one is
menu.xml, if you want to load both, you have to call your own something
else and add another <file>personal.xml</file>

--
Mikael Magnusson