[openbox] Multiple menu files

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Wed Jul 7 22:00:39 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 03:53:24AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> >
> >When trying to use it I put the menu file in place as
> >~/.config/openbox/menu.xml
> >
> ><menu>
> > <!-- You can specify more than one menu file in here and they are all
> > loaded,
> >      just don't make menu ids clash or, well, it'll be kind of pointless
> >      -->
> >
> > <!-- system menu files on Debian systems -->
> > <file>/var/lib/openbox/debian-menu.xml</file>
> >
> > <!-- default menu file (or custom one in $HOME/.config/openbox/) -->
> > <file>menu.xml</file>
> ></menu>
>
> And you think it's strange that your root menu disappears?

Yes.

> You are loading your personal menu.xml _instead of_ the default one,
> not in addition to it. (I assume you don't have a debian-menu.xml)

You assume wrong.  The /var/lib/openbox/debian-menu.xml does indeed
exist and I would like to use my menu file in addition to it.  Based on
the comments in the rc.xml I'd think what I did would work.

> The default one is menu.xml, if you want to load both, you have to
> call your own something else and add another <file>personal.xml</file>

And if the debian-menu.xml does exist?

--
Jamin W. Collins

It has always been Debian's philosophy in the past to stick to what
makes sense, regardless of what crack the rest of the universe is
smoking.  -- Andrew Suffield