gnome-panel tasklist and xinerama

John Russell jjrussell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:32:42 EST 2004

Hey guys,
This isn't technically an openbox issue but it is window manager
related ( well not really) and you guys are wicked smaht ( and I'm
already subscribed to this list ) so I'll give it a whirl.

I use Xinerama and gnome-panel with the task list applet to show what
windows are open.  Recently the task list stopped showing apps that
were open on the physical monitor where the gnome-panel was not.  So
if the panel is on the right monitor, none of the apps open in the
left monitor show up in the task list.

If i drag the app to the right, it shows up.  If I drag the panel to
the left, all the apps on that monitor are added and the others are
removed.

This looks quite deliberate and is amazingly annoying.  Has anyone
else seen this behavior/knows how to make it show me all apps?

Thanks for the help.

John