[openbox] [ANNOUNCE] Openbox-3.0-beta6 released

Arwed von Merkatz v.merkatz at gmx.net
Fri Sep 26 16:00:39 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 03:40:21PM -0400, Ben Jansens wrote:

> I just had a great idea (I hope).
>
> A) Place-under-mouse, as far as I can tell, is a sloppy-focus paradigm only.
>    So it only needs to be available when using sloppy focus.
>
> B) With place-under-mouse and sloppy focus, the new window will always be
>    focused.
>
> I have taken these observations and made the following: UnderMouse will be
> used *in place of* Smart placement (as the primary placement) when using
> sloppy-focus with focusNew enabled. When focusNew is not enabled, you don't
> want the windows under the mouse, as that would just cause them to be
> focused, so it will use Smart placement in this case.
>
> Hope that made sense. :) We'll see if this will "just work" with how people
> use their window manager.
>
> Ben

That sounds like it's exactly what i want, i just tried openbox3 and was
annoyed that it didn't always place the windows under the mouse when
using sloppy focus :)

Now the only thing i can think of right now that i'd like to see in ob3
is a delay for autoraising focused windows but _not_ delay the focus
change. I want focus to switch immediately to new windows, but still
have a delay on autoraising so i don't get lots of windows popping up
when i move the cursor to another window.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video