[openbox] Announcing bgmenu for openbox

Michael Rasile keeper at neo.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 01:57:53 EDT 2003

On Sun Sep 07, 2003 at 12:38:18PM +0930 or thereabouts, Tim Riley wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 14:16, Michael Rasile wrote:
> > Thanks, my box is finally open. Your info on the menu.xml solved the problem
> > and it words. Thanks. However, some of my backgrounds do not go to full
> > screen and are messed up. I normally use Esetroot -s. Should I change the
> > <execute bsetbg to Esetroot in the bgmenu.rb file? Also, I don't have a
> > bsetbgrc. Where should that go? Most of the problems are solved. Any more
> > suggestions re the background images not being full screen will be
> > appreciated.
>
> According to bsetbg --help, you can use `bsetbg -generate` to generate a
> config file.  I have done so in this manner:
>
> bsetbg -generate > ~/.bsetbgrc
>
> Then I edited .bsetbgrc and enabled my preferred background setter.
>
> However, thanks to open source you can hack bsetbg.rb for it to use
> esetroot directly, if you want.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim

Tim,
You've been a big help today and I do appreciate. Why is it when I set the
background from the menu it has a white background. I have edited .bsetbgrc
to use Esetroot -s. When I use Esetroot from the command line, it works
fine. Just wondering what the problem might be. And, finally (his last
question for a while) is there a way to start with the same background that
has been set from the menu? Well, that's it for a while. Again, thanks for
all your help.

--
Regards,
Mike