"Execute" hotkeys and centrally aligning dock

Dugan Chen duganchen at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 01:56:38 EDT 2003

I really like Openbox 3 and it's currently my favourite window manager. I
hope you won't mind answering two questions.

1. How do I bind a hotkey to a command? How, for example, do I create a key
combination that would execute an xterm or a run dialogue box such as
TkRunit?

2. How do I set the dock to be not at the top or middle of the screen, but
directly between those two points? I've figured out how to align the dock to
the topleft, topright, bottomleft and bottomright. But I want it left and
center. How do I do that?

As I said, I love Openbox. Its basis, Blackbox, was one of the most powerful
window managers in existence, with its dockapp support, customizable key
bindings. and great performance. Openbox 3 is an improvement on Blackbox in
every way. In particular, its default key bindings are amazingly well
thought-out. To me, Openbox 3 is already the best window manager in
existence. I hope, therefore, that someone will answer my two questions so
that I can make full use of Openbox 3.