Suspending with wmapm leaves a gray box

Dugan Chen duganchen at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 01:42:59 EDT 2003

I'm not using wallpaper and my desktop is colored blue. I'm also using a
dockapp called "wmapm" (http://www.dockapps.org/file.php/id/18), which has
buttons to put the computer on standy or suspend. Pressing the dockapp's "Z"
button suspends my computer (an IBM Thinkpad T23). However, when the
computer returns from suspend, I see a gray rectangle on the desktop. Then,
of course, I can drag an application window over the gray rectangle. When I
drag the application window away, any part of the gray rectangle that was
previously covered by the application window is blue again.

I do not get the gray rectangle when I pull up an xterm and type "apm -s",
which should do the same thing as the Z button on wmapm.