[openbox] gnome-panel PagerApplet hates me.

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 13:44:49 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 13:10, Roland Glenn McIntosh wrote:
> At 01:04 PM 10.17.2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >You could avoid this by just starting using
> >
> >exec gnome-session
>
> Yeah, but this box is *really* underpowered.  I was going for the perfect balance of lightweight and useful, and I certainly don't need nautilus and all that business.
> -rgm

Go to the gconf-editor and edit this key:
 /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop

Make sure that it is NOT checked.

That way nautilus doesn't run at all in the background unless you, for
some inexplicable reason, actually turn it on yourself.   All the other
stuff that gnome-session starts is needed by any gnome app you are going
to run, such as gnome-panel and will be started anyway.  gconf2 for
example.  But no nautilus desktop is the way I run gnome.  Much better.