[openbox] openbox 3 comments/questions

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 09:18:35 EDT 2003

> I figured out the <dialog>no</dialog> option, but it still only cycles
> through window outlines and requires me to let go first.
> It's the non-immediateness that annoys me, the icon/dialog can stay if
> it goes away quickly. I much prefer alt-tab / ctrl-right immediately
> changing focus to & raising the next window.

Funny, I specifically asked for that NOT to happen in an email a few
weeks ago right before the introduction of the outline thingy.  The
reason being, if I have 5 or six windows open, with, say, emacs focused.
I'm rifling through 5 terminal windows with alt-tab to find the one
terminal that I want, I dont' want the stacking order to get disrupted
while I search as the chances are good that I want to go right back to
emacs when I'm done looking.  With the immediate focus changes, all
those terminals that I passed over while searching, are now on top of
emacs in the stacking order.

I find letting go a great way to tell the WM, "Ok, I found the one I
want, now reset the stacking order."

John