[openbox] toggle xinerama

Erik Bourget erik at midmaine.com
Wed Dec 31 10:22:45 EST 2003

John Russell <drjimmy42 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Also, as a side note, a work around I wanted to try was to have a
> gnome-panel workspace-switcher on my laptop monitor so that I could see
> what windows where on the other side of the screen and drag them over to
> the laptop side with the workspace-switcher.  However, the switcher on
> seems to be able to move windows from one desktop to another, not to
> move them elsewhere on the same desktop.  Is there any way to do what
> I'm describing?

the Wnck (gnome2) pager will only do desktop-to-desktop moves.  I don't really
know why this is so, iirc the old gnome1 one could move windows around
randomly.  I think you want another pager program.

I personally pathetically resort to mousing over to the right, holding down
alt, and trying to grab and drag them over.

- Erik Bourget