menu and submenus

Richard Witt rich at bowforiamroot.net
Wed Dec 31 10:37:40 EST 2003

I tried searching the archives and of course reading the docs and either
i just didnt see what im looking for or i just dont understand it.

i have ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml and in it what i want to do is instead
of having one huge menu.xml i want to break it out into smaller files
and have entries in menu.xml to read those other menus. I thought i
understood this from the docs and was doing it right. I have in my
~/.config/openbox/rc.xml

<menu>
<file>menu.xml</file>
<file>/home/rich/.config/openbox/apps.xml</file>

Now at the top of apps.xml i have

<openbox_menu>
<menu id="apps" label="apps">

Then in my main menu.xml i have

<menu id="apps" />

Shouldnt this work?

--
Richard Witt
Monticello Technologies "Technology that Works"

They are smoking crack. -- Linus Torvalds, referring to the SCO Group's
claim that Linux contains a million lines of code from unix