[openbox] New to openbox

Scott Moynes smoynes at nexus.carleton.ca
Fri Sep 13 07:21:25 EDT 2002

* Marius Nita (marius at cs.pdx.edu) wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 03:44:45PM +0800, d2002xx wrote:
> > - Show the names of iconified windows in the toolbar, or system
>
> this is not likely to ever happen. if you need to see your icons, get a panel
> app, such as fspanel (http://www.chatjunkies.org/fspanel/), the gnome2 panel,
> kde3 panel, or whatever panel supports NET_WM.
>
> The beauty of ob is that you're not stuck with the builtins. NET_WM support
> allows you to use any NET_WM tool with it.

Also, there's hope we can remove the toolbar into a separate
binary. If this happens then having another, more featureful toolbar
would be practical.

> > - Support different themes on different workspaces.
>
> Hmmm

I don't see this happening. It would be too much work and would really
destroy usability. Not to mention it would be a waste of
resources. But, if you really want it submit a patch and we'll see how
clean it is.

--
Scott Moynes http://www.icculus.org/openbox/
"Computer science is as much about computers