[openbox] New to openbox

d2002xx d2002xx at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 13 04:19:16 EDT 2002

* Marius Nita <marius at cs.pdx.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 03:44:45PM +0800, d2002xx wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > First, I have some problems with openbox 2.0.0:
> >
> > - Some fonts listed by xftlsfonts can't work under openbox.
> >
> > - Auto-raise sometimes switches windows continually. Unless I
> > switch
> >   to other workspace or it can't stop.
>
> Heh. damn autoraise.

Hmmm... But I think it's very useful.

> > And following is my wishes-list:
> >
> > - Make epist check epistrc automatically.
>
> we have decided against this, simply because it's not needed. you
> can reload the rc by issuing a killall -HUP epist. Easy enough.

Thanks :)

> > - Show the names of iconified windows in the toolbar, or system
>
> this is not likely to ever happen. if you need to see your icons,
> get a panel app, such as fspanel
> (http://www.chatjunkies.org/fspanel/), the gnome2 panel, kde3 panel,
> or whatever panel supports NET_WM.

I'll try it. But I would like to see it use the same thems in openbox.
fluxbox supports this, but it's ...too buggy.....

> The beauty of ob is that you're not stuck with the builtins. NET_WM
> support allows you to use any NET_WM tool with it.
>
> > - Support different themes on different workspaces.
>
> Hmmm

Hey! I think it would be very cool, just a thought though.

> > Also, may I put my screenshots here? I made two for telling
> > wintrolls in cola how cool linux looks. (some of them seem to
> > *hate* the colors though) You could see them in
> > http://61.70.221.93
> >
> > Uhh.. Where I can get 2.1.0? I'm expecting its new features.
>
> http://icculus.org/openbox/download.php

Ahh!! I just see it. Maybe I forgot to update page yesterday.

And, thanks for your window manager, it's the best one that I have
used.