[Gtkradiant] About the windows crash (was: Re: HOW-TO compile GtkRadiant on Windows)

Markus Fischer markus at fischer.name
Sat Dec 4 04:12:26 CST 2010

On 03.12.2010 07:12, Nerius Landys wrote
> Now for the bad news.  Radiant is currently broken on Windows XP 32
> bit and on Windows 7 32 bit (these are the only Windows flavors that
> I'm able to test currently).  I reported this in a previous email, but
> to recap, I _do_ get this menu:
> http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/radiant1.png and then hitting OK it
> crashes.  I never get to see this window:
> http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/radiant2.png

[Sorry for switching to HTML, I thought the inline image would be more
descriptive]

The crash occurs in preferences.cpp :

On my system the full path is:

c:/Users/mfischer/Desktop/src/radiant-rambetter/GtkRadiant/install/games/Urban
Terror (standalone).game

It creates the file "Urban Terror (standalone).game" and tries to write
the XML definition into it but crashes. I've no idea why it's doing this.

- Markus