[Gtkradiant] HOW-TO compile GtkRadiant on Windows

Nerius Landys nlandys at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 00:12:35 CST 2010

I have taken some time to brain-dump my recently-gained knowledge of
how to compile Radiant on Windows.  Pretty much anyone can do it; it
certainly isn't difficult.

  http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant-compile-win/

I basically took some information that I got from TTimo and Markus,
and filled in the missing parts.  This tutorial is for people like me
who are complete Windows nubs.  :-P

Now for the bad news.  Radiant is currently broken on Windows XP 32
bit and on Windows 7 32 bit (these are the only Windows flavors that
I'm able to test currently).  I reported this in a previous email, but
to recap, I _do_ get this menu:
http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/radiant1.png and then hitting OK it
crashes.  I never get to see this window:
http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/radiant2.png

See my previous email to the list for further details on this.

I know that Markus is keen on fixing Windows issues, and now that he's
armed with my handy tutorial I imagine he's willing to do some battle!

Markus, if you want to test Radiant with Urban Terror like I am trying
to do, you can download Urban Terror using this torrent:
http://daffy.nerius.com/torrents/UrbanTerror_41_FULL.zip.torrent ,
unzip that to any location such as C: or your Desktop, and then
specify that directory when configuring Radiant for Urban Terror.  I
think the important thing for now is to get Radiant to a point where
the main window opens, with the grid view and 3D view and such.  I
don't even think you need the full Urban Terror download to test this;
it may be enough to "touch" C:\UrbanTerror\q3ut4 directory.  I don't
imagine that Radiant actually inspects the presence of any pk3 files
(or reads them for that matter).

TTimo, do these instructions for compiling look OK to you?