[Gtkradiant] some results on texture compression

EvilTypeGuy gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
22 Sep 2002 18:20:21 -0500

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 16:22, Timothee Besset wrote:
> I ran some memory usage tests on my GeForce3 under Win2k:
>
> - 1.2.10 and 1.2.11 have the same 30Mb VM size at start

> GL_ARB 122Mb
> DXT1   78 Mb
> DXT3   122Mb
> DXT5   122Mb
>
> Huge difference with 1.2.10 obviously. DXT1 seems to be the more
> compressive method, but the rendering of the texture is broken here. I'd
> be curious to know if anyone gets broken texture rendering for any
> compression combo.

Could anyone tell me what the difference is between 1.2.10 and 1.2.11
just loading the texture airport set without any compression. That will
tell you how much memory was being leaked by the bug I fixed.

Thanks...

-eviltypeguy