[Gtkradiant] Re: Patch work for FreeBSD native build

Lyndon Griffin gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:47:23 -0400

Timothee Besset writes:

> The scons build is scheduled for 1.3 afaik? You have worked on BSD
> compatibility on the 1.2 tree.

The patch I submitted for this bug (606) is for the 1.2 tree, yes.  I have
also been working on the 1.3 tree because it was convenient WRT scons work:
1.3 work for FreeBSD has been to detect the OS type in scons and force
 -D__linux__ on the build commands, rather than to hack the actual sources.
This works for just about everything.  Hence my eager agreement that
changing "#ifdef __linux__" in the sources to "#ifdef __nix__" is A Good
Thing.

> As for 1.2 + BSD + cons build, we can get away with some simple perl and
> config checks. I'd suggest you produce a patch with #define __nix__ and
> globals for the config- stuff. You don't need to write the code to decide
> between glib-config and glib12-config at this point, it can be done later
> on while I integrate your patch.

Roger that.

<:)  Lyndon
http://bsd4us.org/