[Gtkradiant] ATI FireGL 8800 issues

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:07:44 +0200

> 	* Xi Graphics have no driver for the FireGL 8800.
> 	  (ATI doesn't seem to care to give them specs and
> 	  permission... :-/ )

Did you try DRI drivers? You might have better luck with them.

> I grabbed the CVS tree last friday, and got it working by always setting
> both faces to the same mode. (Most importantly, GL_FILL for brushes, as
> that's what caused brushes to vanish in the camera view on the 8800.) I
> suspect that this "fix" also makes G400 cards run with h/w acceleration
> again.

Do you mean you have to render the brushes in a different way to deal with
ATI driver bugs? Is it valid for both platforms (win32 and linux)? A patch
would be of interest.
Also, does turning on/off the use of display lists change anything.

> BTW, I had to make a few minor changes to get GtkRadiant to build on my
> system. It might have to do with that system (still...) running Mandrake,
> but if you're interested, I'll post a patch.

We are aware of some issues which we haven't fixed yet. ETG could give you
some info. We need to do some config checks prior to build I think. Submit
a patch anyway, it may be a good start point to settle this cleanly.

TTimo