[Gtkradiant] fs_basepath, qdir, etc.

Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:19:36 +0100

The main requirement we had in GtkRadiant and the tools was to mimic the
way the Q3 filesystem works, and particularly the search order. We also
followed the variables used in Q3 for the command line parameters, as it
was easier to follow what's happening.

So for instance we set the fs_basepath (to C:\quake3 in your case) and we
use fs_game for initialization of a mod directory. What I don't like about
this is seeing more and changed command line, for not much different
functionality.

q3map -root C:/quake3 -path baseq3 -path missionpack
equivalent in existing build to
q3map -fs_basepath C:/quake3 -fs_game missionpack

The long term is to have q3map use the same VFS .dll module as radiant
during init anyway, so this will be trashed again at some point.

TTimo