[ut3] Possible reason for UT3 Client delay

Brendan spike at spykes.net
Sat Sep 20 16:15:57 EDT 2008

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:12:02 -0500
Donovan Brooke <dbrooke at euca.us> wrote:

> Maybe Epic got fat and dropped the ball... made some
> wrong decisions, opted for extreme object orientation over innovation,
> chose the console route, chose 3rd party infestation (gamespy/steam),
> and just plain appears to be non-concerned about the PC world..
> and dare I say... complacent!?
>
> What a shame in my opinion.
>
> Long live the UT spirit!
> Donovan

Epic turned into a Gears of War making machine. Just like Bungie turned
into a Halo machine. Quality goes straight downhill on other projects as
a result, doesn't matter if it was their previous bread and butter.
Wouldn't really surprise me if Epic sold the rights to UE3 or even
itself to Microsoft or something.

Bren