[ut3] Possible reason for UT3 Client delay

Donovan Brooke dbrooke at euca.us
Sat Sep 20 15:12:02 EDT 2008

oldkawman wrote:
> Well, I will tell you the WARfare community still totally rocks. There
> are not that many servers with players, but player quality is very good.
> Yes, there are some n00bs at times, but that is good. Everyone must
> learn somewhere.
>
> Come play on a server where I play if you want ultra challenging games.
> UMG, T5K, BGE, PUB, MOB

Well, I've tried to get interested.. but this game doesn't seem
to be catching on with me. I even bought a brand new PC just before this
game came out as well... just for the release!. That is a big
step for a Mac and linux guy! ;-)   Since then I've
played only 233 games (according to those statistic links). :-(

I guess I was expecting a lot more from Epic coming off of such
a great success with UT2K4 and having many years since to utilize
that success to make some real revolutionary improvements...
simply didn't happen in my opinion.

The game is O.K., definitely a step up in graphics.. but the
play and the innovation was disappointing in my opinion.

Maybe Epic got fat and dropped the ball... made some
wrong decisions, opted for extreme object orientation over innovation,
chose the console route, chose 3rd party infestation (gamespy/steam),
and just plain appears to be non-concerned about the PC world..
and dare I say... complacent!?

What a shame in my opinion.

Long live the UT spirit!
Donovan