[ut3] [UT3] Linux-Client

fain fain at insightbb.com
Sun Mar 23 23:05:20 EDT 2008

Its not Ryan's fault. I bet its Microsoft's fault. They do not want to
see Linux succeed and if it had gaming it would and they see this so
they pay company's like epic to not develop for Linux. I mean all the
good game company's left Microsoft bungee and others. all they have now
is epic(aka gears of war) Windows live is just going to kill its self
any ways. I own gears of war and i will not pay for a stupid gold account.

I have learned my lesson from this though. I will never buy a game based
on a promise again. Waiting on savage 2
<http://savage2.s2games.com/main.php>.

Sorry about my rant.

Hendrik Ueltzen wrote:
> I am happy that not more Gaming-Developers today working as slow as
> Ryan. He needs so much time for a simple port? How much time would he
> need to develope a full
> game. It's ridiculous that we don't have a linux-client 6 month after the game-release. But I think there will be a client, when
> Microsoft is developing for Linux we may get the ut3-client. ;)
>
> 2008/3/23, David Voge <davidvoge at googlemail.com
> <mailto:davidvoge at googlemail.com>>:
>

>     > > Is the client optimised fpr dual core cpu ?
>     >
>     > Yes, on all platforms, it will take advantage of multicore systems.
>     >
>     > --ryan.
>

>     > 10/14/07:
>     > Thomas Kowaliczek wrote:
>     > > Will it give an 64 Bit Linux version? like ut2004 ?
>     >
>     > No plans to do this at this time (but if I ever get a free
>     moment, I'll
>     > look into it...I have a feeling that a lot of middleware is
>     going to be
>     > problematic this time around, though).
>     >

>     > 10/26/07:
>     >
>     > > What on earth makes you think there are FAR more Linux gamers than
>     > > there are Mac gamers?
>     >
>     > There were, at least for UT2004.
>     >
>     > I would speculate that this was due to several factors:
>     >
>     > - a free OS that runs on commodity hardware all over the
>     >  planet, instead
>     > of requiring premium-cost hardware and maybe a 125 dollar OS update.
>     > - readily available copies of the game at clearance prices (buy the
>     > Windows/Linux disc wherever games are sold...but it's still
>     39.99 USD at
>     > Apple Retail stores and the rare places that sell Mac games
>     right this
>     > very minute!).
>     > - A lack of high-end video cards for the Mac (and a good portion
>     of the
>     > available systems being unable to upgrade video hardware anyway)
>     when
>     > the game was still new and hot.
>     >
>     > Taking that into account, it's not surprising that there were
>     twice as
>     > many people playing on Linux.
>     >

>     Much more Player would Play under Linux if more Gaming-Developers
>     today
>     are thinking like Ryan.
>
>     Keep going so .....
>
>     Greetings,
>             David
>

>     ---
>     To unsubscribe, send a blank email to ut3-unsubscribe at icculus.org

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
There are 10 different kind of people... those who understand binary and those who don't!