[ut3] linux client

Thu Feb 28 12:10:01 EST 2008

<...>

> > Periodic statements, by a responsible and trustworthy person
> > (Ryan, in this case) that the product is coming, are needed.
>
> You stated these messages telling us "I'm working on it" should not be
> taken as a definite indicator work is still being done as he could be
> economically or legally bound, etc. etc. so they essentially do not mean
> anything (a valid point for just about any business you make here). But
> now you claim you need these messages anyway? That does not sound very
> logical to me.

I must have been unclear.  When Ryan says that he's working on it, I believe him.  As
far as I know, a man cannot be legally bound to lie, only to keep silent.  When he says
nothing, I worry that he is being mercilessly tortured by Steve Ballmer in the bowels of
the Microsoft complex, and I have to repeatedly ask about his welfare.  Not that I care
about him personally, I just want the game.  :-)

<...>

> > Periodic questions, by an
> > interested purchasing group, (us, in this case) are also needed.
>
> Of course, but surely there are better places to do so than here. I
> submit to you it is very unlikely that anybody at Epic high enough on
> the ladder to make a difference is reading this list.

I submit to you that Ryan is high enough at Epic to make a difference, but I eagerly
await suggestions as to those "better places" to post the continued interest in  UT3 for
Linux.  I certainly want to express my continued interest in the most effective way
possible.

David L. Willson
Trainer/Engineer/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, Linux+