[ut3] Linux Client

Nagromme nagromme at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 06:13:50 EDT 2007

XBoxes aren't Pentium anymore. All modern consoles--PS3 (Cell), XBox
360, and Wii, use PowerPC-based processors of one flavor or another.

(Which is what led to the irony of Microsoft initially requiring XBox
360 developers to use PowerMac G5s.)

That said, I suspect the PPC Mac market for UT3 is larger than the
PPC Linux market. Still small, but if a patch added to an existing
product can make a Universal Binary, then I can see why the
possibility is being considered.

(As for the number of Mac end-user, non-server, primary daily-use
systems being greater than the number of Linux end-user, non-server,
primary daily-use systems... probably true. HOWEVER, Linux users
probably have more overlap with gamers. Luckily both platforms have
Epic's support. And Ryan's!)

nagromme

Begin forwarded message: